Wednesday, July 1, 2015

New Beginnings


It's a new month!
I can't believe it's already July. 
<wow>

And I began a new lace knitting project this week!


It’s the same pattern I knitted earlier this year, Fragile Heart, but I’m changing 2 variables this time:  I’m using a different yarn and I’m knitting a different version of the same pattern:  all lace!

I can’t wait to see how it turns out with the delicate laceweight yarn that I’m using.  Since I had 3 skeins in my stash, I decided to use a KSH clone:  Cascade Kid Seta in the color Imperial Purple.  ♥ 

It is also a mohair and silk blend, but also is 4% wool.  I don’t know why, but it is.  Most mohair/silk yarns are just that, mohair and silk.  So I don’t know why they added in some wool. But this yarn was on clearance (and still is) and was almost half-price, so I was thrilled to try it out.  It comes in some very unique colors, but it’s also discontinued, so buy it now while you still can.

I nearly went with a very soft lilac color, but decided that that color looks extremely beautiful with silver-lined beads.  And I had already decided that I’m going to knit this shawl without beads this time, just to see how it looks when you don’t have the distraction of those gorgeous beads and all you have is the delicate lace.  So, I think I’ll save that yarn for my next beaded project.

I did all my prep and began knitting, but only got as far as the garter stitch tab beginning.  That little bit gets you started (on this and most shawls), so I am all ready to get knitting on the lace part next.

I just love beginning a new lace project and seeing it unfold row after row.  I have no idea how this one is going to turn out.  It may not!  LOL

I’ll letcha know how it goes...

XOXO,
Lucky Dog




No comments:

Post a Comment