Wednesday, February 4, 2015

THE Cure for the Hiccups



I learned this method for curing a case of hiccups when I was little.  And it works for me every time.  Sometimes I may have to do it twice, but never 3 times.

You drink a few swallows of water with your hands over your ears. 

Not cupped hands, and not with your fingers “in” your ears exactly, but closing your ears with your finger knuckles, kinda, so you can’t hear anything.

And, of course, it doesn’t have to be water.  I suppose any liquid would do.

(I find that it helps to concentrate and listen to my own swallowing.) 

The only tricky part was needing to do this when I was at school when I was little.  But I learned to hold the water fountain button down with my elbow so I could keep my hands over my ears while I drank.

Now, I usually facilitate matters by using a straw.

Simple and easy, and it works for me every time.

Now!  I bet you can’t wait to get the hiccups, so you can try this out, right?  LOL

XOXO,
Lucky Dog



No comments:

Post a Comment